Venice Beach Games 2024
The Venice Beach Games July 29, 2023 event was an absolute smash. If you were there, than you know. 20k+ participants, hundreds of free classes, competitions, and activities, blue skies, smiling faces and good vibes galore! We did it!
And, we are set to return for the 3rd annual VBG on July 27, 2024. Once again, we will have it all: Calisthenics, Skateboarding, Chess, Yoga, Jiu Jitsu, Ping Pong, Parkour, Pickle Ball, Kids' Zones, Soccer, Boxing, HIIT, Longboard Dancing, Paddle Tennis, Handball, Basketball, Handball, Dancing, Skating, Capoeira, Wrestling, and more!
Want to get involved for the 2024 event? Fill out the form on the top of this page and let us know what you are thinking! We want you to be part of the magic that has become SoCal's premiers outdoor summer sports, fitness, wellness, and martial arts festival!
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2024.
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Who can Come: You can! And everyone else too!
Location: Venice Beach Recreation Center. 1800 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, California 90291.
Best parking: Street parking or park at the South City Parking Lot, 2100 Ocean Front Walk. Venice, Ca 90291.
Venice Paparazzi is proud to announce its partnership with the City of Los Angeles Dept. of Rec. & Parks to produce The Venice Beach Games 2024. The event is a sun soaked celebration of sports and fitness, that brings together the entire community and beyond in a healthy, fun, day of sports, fitness, competition, and camaraderie in the world's greatest beach front recreation center.
The entire park and its glorious amenities are full of organized activity put on by the fantastic groups of people playing here. It is a day where the public can join 80+ sports and fitness groups running free competitions and classes. Our Two Group Fitness Stages, Martial Arts Zone, and Fitness Vendor Village facilitate guest interaction with the best in group workouts, local gyms, wellness, and more. As well, activities such as capoeira, parkour, and calisthenics offer the spectator an exciting look into the various worlds of less known fitness spaces.
A big fist bump to the City of L.A. Department of Rec. and Parks for partnership on this, to the Venice Beach BID for sponsoring the event, and Councilwoman Traci Park for providing material support.
The 2024 event will include:
- Battle of the Bars presented by World Calisthenics Org.
- Calisthenics Reps competition by United Nation of Gains
- Chess with L.A. Chess Club all day at Windward Main Stage
- Skate park competition: Pup cup, snake run, big bowl, highest ollie by Skateparks Intl.
- Muscle Beach Fitness Stage with: Free classes starting at 9:30 a.m. with Sweat Yoga, CAMPLA, Basecamp Santa Monica, F45 Fitness, and Movement Co.
- Epicenter Fitness Fitness Stage Free classes starting at 9:45 a.m. with: JFM Boxing Bootcamp, Box Union, Team 3XT, Capoeira Brasil, Team 3XT and AKT West L.A.
- Grappling.: Free classes starting at 9:30 a.m. with Jiu Jitsu Flo, Wrestling with Westside Mat Monsters, Jiu Jitsu with Rey Diogo, Muay Thai with Santa Monica Strikers, Animal Flow, and Sambo with Make Step Foundation.
- KinFlow: The New Aerodynamic Flow Sport the World has been waiting for!
- Soccer clinics and organized games by Venice Beach Football Club
- Handball tournament by Mike Koss
- Bicycle clinic by Venice Electric Light Parade
- Capoeira with Capoeira Brasil
- Muay Thai with Santa Monica Striking
- Yoga: Free classes starting at 9:30 a.m. and going until 1:30 p.m.
- Paddle tennis clinics and tournament by Street Paddle and Pop Paddle
- Pickle ball clinics and open play by Venice Pickle Ball
- Parkour beach side jam and competition by Los Angeles Parkour
- Basketball clinics, games and dunk contest by Venice Ball
- Longboard dancing, flat land skate, scooter, blades, and more hosted by VibeRide LA and LA Skate Hunnies; competition, lessons, and open dance jam with beats by Sound Box and Alf Alpha.
- Roller Skating open dance and lessons with Venice Beach Skate Dance Assoc.
- Meditation and Breath Work with More of That, 9:00 a.m. at Windward Main Stage
- Kids Zone with arts and crafts by Venice Beach Rec. Center
- Beach clean up contest by Venice Community Cleanups, Venice Beach BID, and Spogomi.
- Family Flow Zone with kids' gymnastics, creative movement, art, and capoeira.
- Ping Pong with Venice Pong Club
- Recovery Zone Vendor Village features cold plunges, percussion massage and awesome brands like: C4 Energy, Quantum Squares, Life Way Foods, Jiant Kombucha, Guayaki Yerba Mate, Prime Hydration, Alani Nu, Mineragua, Shaka Tea, Pure Patch, Liv on Labs, and much, much more!
RSVP here for updates and event info. Walk-ins welcome. Arrive early to ensure your spot.
On July 27, 2024 come down to the Venice Rec. Center, 1800 Ocean Front Walk, and check in at the registration tent. You will sign a waiver, and get a wrist band and map/event itinerary. The wrist band is your pass to participate in the 45+ events going on at Venice Beach Games. The map and itineraries will show you where and when in the park everything is happening.
Get Your Game On! July 29, 2023 at Venice Beach!
Venice Beach Games
Venice Beach Games is proud to announce its partnership with the City of Los Angeles Dept. of Rec. & Parks to produce The Venice Beach Games 2024. The event is a giant outdoor celebration of sports and fitness, that brings together the entire community and beyond in a healthy, fun, day of sports, fitness, competition, and camaraderie in the world's greatest beach front recreation center.