Calisthenics Reps Competition
The U.N.O.G Venice Beach Games Calisthenics Reps Comp.
Sponsored by R.I.P.D. Calisthenics!
Here is a message from United Nation of Gains:
Thank you so much for your interest in the Calisthenics Competition at Venice Beach Games 2023. This free event is hosted by United Nation of Gains (UNOG) volunteers. We want to make sure you have a great experience and know what to expect during the competition.
As this is a reps based competition, we have outlined the necessary form for each movement. During your turn, an UNOG judge will tap your shoulder lightly for each counted rep. If your shoulder is not tapped, then the rep is not counted. We do this to minimize any unnecessary speaking that might distract you or ruin your flow. The UNOG judges will keep count on a clicker or stopwatch and each competitor’s maximum complete reps will be recorded.
We would also like to remind you that this is a friendly competition centered on good sportsmanship and the love for calisthenics and the calisthenics community. Arguing with or antagonizing either the UNOG judges or fellow competitors will result in disqualification.
Each competitor may sign up to compete in up to 3 categories.
Please familiarize yourself with the criteria for rep counts and timed holds below:
- Each pullup rep must begin in a full dead hang position with palm-forward grip (no chin ups).
- At the top of the pullup, the chin must go above the bar.
- No swinging, kipping, or use of momentum is permitted.
- Feet must stay together.
- Each rep must begin with straight arms at the top.
- At the bottom, the chest must crunch a water bottle and the arms must go below 90°.
- Proper pushup form must be maintained all throughout (no dropping the hips, no resting in another pose, no feet apart).
- Each rep must begin with arms straight at the top.
- At the bottom of each rep, the arms must go below 90°.
- Time begins when the proper L-sit form is reached:
- Legs must be fully extended (no bending) and at 90° minimum.
- Time ends when the legs bend or the legs drop below the 90° minimum.
- Each competitor is allowed 3 attempts to find balance. Only one hold will be counted.
- Time begins once a stable handstand is achieved.
- Time ends once a competitor’s foot touches the floor.
- Any handstand shape is permitted (i.e. straight leg, stag, pike, split).
DEAD HANG HOLD
- A wide pull-up grip with palms forward is required.
- Time begins once the proper grip is engaged.
- Time ends when both hands are no longer on the bar.
- No grip switches are permitted.
Please familiarize yourself with the above rules as they will be strictly adhered to during our competition. Our judges will apply the same level of strictness to each competitor.
Our event takes place from 9 AM-1:30 PM at the Venice Sand Pit (1817 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291). Winners of each division and category will receive trophies and t-shirts.
Event sign up is available the day of, although advanced sign up is encouraged.
Thank you so much. We look forward to witnessing and celebrating your commitment to excellence and athleticism. Follow us on Instagram at @unitedstationofgains for any updates, form examples, and event photos. Feel free to message us with any questions.
Get Your Game On!
July 29, 2023 at Venice Beach!
Venice Beach Games
Produced by Venice Paparazzi, in collaboration with L..A. City Rec.& Parks, and the Venice Beach BID, The Venice Beach Games is a sun-soaked celebration of sports and fitness in the world’s greatest beach front recreation center.